- Bible- Creation notebook Day 3- Then there were land and seas and plants and trees. Gen 1:9-13, Daily devotional book, Painted fruit of the spirit paper, Read about and discussed fruit of the spirit, played a matching game and "what's missing" game with our laminated spirit fruit.
- ABC's- Worked on letter Tt and reviewed last weeks Kk. Did Get ready for the code, lacing cards, matching beginning sounds on picture/word cards with letter cards after cutting them out (sneaking in the fine motor), Tt handwriting sheets (tall and tiny), Tree make the word verse sheets, sight word "and", flower picture/word part puzzle, starfall.com(phonics)
- 123's- cut out 1-10 and glue in correct order, plant growth sequencing, uno (game), hidden picture sheets on garden and in the tree tops, cut out shapes, number and shapes flash cards, write correct # on number strips for how many objects are on each one
- Extras- Nature walk- Sophie took her little garden basket with and gathered some "signs of spring" and some stray gravel because she thought it was pretty :) We got buds and bark off of an oak tree, a weeping willow and a pear tree. We seen lots of flowers waking up for the year. Then we found a really cool piece of oak tree that had been cut that had great growth rings. Mind you this was a pretty good chunk so I hauled it home and had Daddy cut us off a much more managable sized piece to keep. Best of all we planted some more seeds but this time flower seeds: sunflowers, petunias, daisys, and columbine. The vegetable seeds are down in our work room in the basement under the lights so we don't get to see them all the time so we are keeping these up in the kitchen by the patio doors to observe their growth a bit easier.
- We checked out quite a few books from the library on plants, seeds and trees which we read throughout the week along with their books from home.
Here are some signs of spring in our yard...
Lucas opted out of school on Friday so he could work with his dad on this "handycraft". Since getting the well put in last summer this area is just an eyesore. I wanted something to cover up the well head and my darling hubby made this for me. He even put flower boxes on the sides. I am just so excited about this. I love it!
That's a wrap. We kept busy and had fun!