1st grade- Lucas
- Spelling- AAS level 1
- Reading/Phonics- OPGTR, Phonics Pathways, ETC 2 & 3, Reading LOTS of books
- Writing- HWT, Copywork, Hewitt Lightening Lit (using for all L.A. areas)
- Grammar- FLL 1, Hewitt
- Math- Miquon, Math Mammoth, Mental math strategies, books, games
- Sight words- 2-4 per week and activities to go along
- Reading/Phonics- OPGTR, Phonics Pathways, ETC 1 & 2, Reading lots of books
- Writing- HWT, Copywork
- Grammar- FLL 1
- Math- Miquon, Mental math strategies, books, games
- History/ Geography- SOTW 1 with Activity guide, History Pockets Ancients, MapTrek U.S. state pages
- Science- BFSU
- Art/Music- This is where the "whatever strikes our fancy" really comes into play.
This is my tentative plan. I am sure things will get added in or changed around as we move along but this is the main bones of it. Lots of things are listed, but I pick and choose from the different resources as the need arises to review or come at things from a different approach. We have list of extra fun things to add in to each subject as time allows.
I think after endless hours of research, reading and having been glued to my Rainbow Resource catalog I have finally come up with our curriculum for fall 2011-2012. We will be doing Pre-k and K.
- Math- Miquon 1
- Phonics- Phonics Pathways which we have already started, Explode the code 1 & 2, Bob books
- Writing- Teaching writing in Kindergarten
- Geography- Galloping the Globe, Geography Practice wkbk A, Scholastic Success with Maps Gr.1
- Science- Singapore Science Earlybird start-up
- NATURE STUDY- I saved the best for last! Burgess bird book for children, Handbook of Nature Study, birdstack.com., and anything and everything the kids find of interest.
That seems like a lot writing it down but we will go at our own pace and let it all fall into place. Ahhhh.......the beauty of homeschool!